Friday, May 8, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse - Romans 6:4

Today's favorite verse: Romans 6:4
"Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life."

This morning I pondered on the manner in which we are to be baptized. This verse gives no doubt it is to be by immersion. Baptism is a similitude of His death, that is why we are buried in the water. Then raise up, like Christ rose on his resurrection, being born again a new creature unto God.

I thought about the various ways different religions baptize. I have no understanding on why some evolved to no longer be by immersion, when the scriptures are clear. I really don't feel a need to understand those particulars, but feel they are a witness of a falling away. All this pondering made me think about the movie "The Search for the Truth: Wilford Woodruff". I watched it again this morning and enjoyed it, so I will share it with you. I also found a recording of the prophet Wilford Woodruff's 1897 testimony. Now that made me cry to actually hear his voice and know he was a true witness to the restoration of the gospel, and personally knew Joseph Smith. There is no doubt he knew what he knew. I testify that Christ's church is once again on the earth. Ordinances have been restored with the proper authority, and prophets once again walk upon the earth.





No comments:

Post a Comment