Monday, May 25, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Corinthians 7:12, 15

Today's favorite verse: 1 Corinthians 7:12, 15
"But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.
But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace."

There are two points that stood out to me in these verses. First, Paul is talking of himself, it is his council, not the Lords. This reminds me of the importance of living prophets. This was sound wisdom in Paul's time, it could also apply to today. The important thing is to understand what the living prophets are counseling for our times. 

These verses also made me think of my dear husband, William Zamora. He was married at the time he joined The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. His wife did not join and was upset that he did so. One day he came home from work and found the windows and doors left wide open. Everything was gone but a pile of his stuff. She had left and taken everything else. 

We are to have peace with our spouses and not leave them for their unbelief. But, I am ever so glad she left him. He was meant for me and I love him with all my heart. She probably had no idea she left him with the greatest gift, the freedom to come find me.


No comments:

Post a Comment