Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 67:10, 13

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 67:10, 13
"And again, verily I say unto you that it is your privilege, and a promise I give unto you that have been ordained unto this ministry, that inasmuch as you strip yourselves from jealousies and fears, and humble yourselves before me, for ye are not sufficiently humble, the veil shall be rent and you shall see me and know that I am - not with the carnal neither natural mind, but with the spiritual.
Ye are not able to abide the presence of God now, neither the ministering of angels; wherefore, continue in patience until ye are perfected."

What I noticed in these two verses speaking of the same blessing, is that a prerequisite is to be humble and patient. I pondered on how they really go hand in hand. To not be patient means I do not understand that God's will and timing is better than my own. To not be humble means I have no patience for the things of God. My will would mean more. I had not placed the need for patience and humility together before. I will look to them more carefully now.


Day 486

No comments:

Post a Comment