Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 68:29

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 68:29
"And the inhabitants of Zion shall also observe the Sabbath day to keep it holy."

Reading this I just had to think "No wonder the church is emphasizing the need to keep the Sabbath day holy." We literally cannot become a Zion people, prepared to meet the Lord, if we do not keep the Sabbath day holy.

It truly saddens me to see places of business open, and people doing all sorts of recreation and shopping on the Lord's day. I feel so badly for the people that are forced to work on Sunday because their employers and customers demand it. I know I had to do that for a while.

Knowing what I know now I should have had the faith to leave that employment and find other work. I know my family would have been blessed instead of the hard struggle we had financially during those years. It was not until I found work that did not require me to work on Sunday that our family got out of that deep dark hole of poverty. It wasn't until I pondered this that I see this is literally what happened.


Day 487

No comments:

Post a Comment