Friday, July 1, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 42:61

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 42:61
"If thou shalt ask, thou shalt receive revelation upon revelation, knowledge upon knowledge, that thou mayest know the mysteries and peaceable things - that which bringeth joy, that which bringeth life eternal."

I know I learn line upon line. So revelation and knowledge build upon each other. But I have desired to try what my Sunday School teacher has said. When you receive inspiration of the Lord to ask "Is there more?" She tells me there is always more. Instead of doing this I just get so excited about the answers that I forget to ask "Is there more?"

Upon reading this verse I stopped and thought about "Is there more?" I really think this verse is explaining this concept. There is always two parts. Do you want only the surface answer, or do I want more? I have to stop and listen. I have to ask "Is there more". It's really just sitting at Jesus' feet and letting him speak to you. What things he has probably been wanting to say. Instead I've just been saying "Thanks!", then I close the door. I know now there is more. I just have to ask. Oh what a worldly hard habit it is to break, just taking what is given and not stopping to asking was there more? I just have to do better with this. I really do want more.


Day 461

No comments:

Post a Comment