Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 54:4-5

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 54:4-5
"And as the covenant which they made unto me has been broken, even so it has become void and of none effect.
And wo to him by whom this offense cometh, for it had been better for him that he had been downed in the depth of the sea."

I don't often dwell on such negative things. But, these verses made me stop and think about how dreadful it would be to find myself in this condition. The thought makes me shudder. To be void of any promises the Father has given me. To lose his protection and guidance. To wish instead I was drowned in the dept of the sea. To lose all that would be like someone was drowning me already. If only there was some way to never see a person in that condition. I realize there is, it is called repentance and turning my life back to Christ whenever I stray. The warning is here so I know never to forsake him. 



Day 473

No comments:

Post a Comment