Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 46:32

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 46:32
"And ye must give thanks unto God in the Spirit for whatsoever blessing ye are blessed with."

This chapter lists various gifts of the Spirit. I know during various seasons of my life I have received various gifts. I stopped to ponder if I truly ever thanked God sufficiently for them. Have I shown enough gratitude? Do I seek the Spirit in order to offer thanks? I have noticed when I pray that at times I feel like I'm reading off a checklist of thanks. I will feel somewhat disconnected. When I feel that I will stop. I know the only way for me to feel the Spirit is to express my gratitude for all the Savior has done for me. For His atonement and sacrifice and what it means personally to me. It never fails to bring an outpouring of the Spirit. I think I need to remember to express my gratitude for my Savior first before I ever thank God for all the blessings that have followed. 


Day 465

No comments:

Post a Comment