Monday, July 4, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 45:56-57

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 45:56-57
"And at that day, when I shall come in my glory, shall the parable be fulfilled which I spake concerning the ten virgins.
For they that are wise and have received the truth, and have taken the Holy Spirit for their guide, and have not been deceived - verily I say unto you, they shall not be hewn down and cast into the fire, but shall abide the day."

This is such an interesting chapter and I highlighted and noted so many verses. There is so much to ponder on. The Lord is telling exactly the timeline and signs of his coming. The events that we will see come to pass. I loved it, and had no fear as I read it. I know all is in God's hands. I know the spirit will tell me what I need to do to prepare.

One thing I absolutely know I need to do is NOT read other people's impression on this, unless they be a prophet or apostle of the Lord. Even then I am not reading them unless I come across them. I am not being overly obsessed with the last days. What I do to prepare to meet the Lord now is sufficient to see me through anything I must pass through.

I see that confirmation again in these verses telling me the wise receive truth, have the Holy Spirit as their guide and are not deceived. I think the way I can be deceived is to listen to someone else, and not with the spirit. The spirit will testify of truths if I listen to it. It will give me all the warning I need. Every day when I read the scriptures and ponder on them my ability to listen to the spirit grows. Even with the voice of the prophet I need the spirit to testify of the truth. Otherwise I may shoot pass the mark and miss the point of the message that was given. With all the conflicting voices crying out there, now more than ever I feel the need so strongly to let the spirit guide. I have such overwhelming gratitude for the gift of the Holy Ghost given after my baptism. It truly is my constant companion and guide.


Day 464

No comments:

Post a Comment