Friday, July 8, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 49:7

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 49:7
"I, the Lord God, have spoken it; but the hour and the day no man knoweth, neither the angels in heaven, nor shall they know until he comes."

When I read this tonight I realized something in me had changed. I had always thought I would love to know the hour and the day when the Lord would return. Right now I realize I am totally happy that I don't. I want to be caught totally unaware. I want to be caught doing good, and being good. I think if I live every day feeling I would account to God today for my life, I would have a peace in my heart that he could come any moment and I wouldn't be found wanting. It really shouldn't matter the hour or day he comes. If I knew it I think it could make me more apt to procrastinate the day of my repentance. Thinking I can satisfy the natural man and repent right before the day of His coming, or enough time to make it stick. The danger in that thinking is by the time I would need to repent, I would no longer feel the need or desire to even do so. No it really is better than I don't know. I really should be caught being simply good. I am seeing what a marvelous plan this is.


Day 468

No comments:

Post a Comment