Sunday, July 24, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 65:3

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 65:3
"Yea, a voice crying -- Prepare ye the way of the Lord, prepare ye the supper of the Lamb, make ready for the Bridegroom."

Over 25 years ago I had a vivid dream and in it I was invited to the supper of the Lamb and was hurrying around making preparations for it. Just the other day it randomly entered my mind. I tried in vain to remember the details of this dream. I know it was very powerful at the time, and something I thought I would never forget. My memory of it lasted many, many years. It was the type of dream I would have put in my journal. I just can't recall if I did and where I put it. The other thing I can't recall is when I stopped playing it over in my memory. 

As I read this verse that dream popped into my mind again and with it the solution to remembering its details. I simply needed to pray about it. If a dream was inspired of the Lord once, I see no reason why he cannot help me recall what I have now lost. Now I am really curious to know if I would understand that dream totally different than my younger self did. I know as I read the scriptures new meanings jump out at me. Will the same thing happen with a dream?


Day 484

No comments:

Post a Comment