Monday, July 25, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 66:1

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 66:1
"Behold, thus saith the Lord unto my servant William E. McLellin - Blessed are you, inasmuch as you have turned away from your iniquities, and have received my truths, saith the Lord your Redeemer, the Savior of the world, even of as many as believe on my name."

When I read that last part "even of as many as believe on my name" I had the thought "He wasn't just taking to William E. McLellin". So I went back and read this verse again and put my name in place of William E. McLellin. If fact I said my name twice because I had first used my married name. The second time I used my maiden name, which I never hear spoken anymore. The effect was so different and personal, I wept. I need to not only liken the scriptures to my day, but sometimes I just need to put my name in the place of others. The spirit testified about my standing. I have another way to check-in and know if I'm doing what is right. These little check-points are so important because I never want a major blowout to make me get back on the right path.


Day 485

No comments:

Post a Comment