Sunday, July 31, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 72:3-4

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 72:3-4
"And verily in this thing ye have done wisely, for it is required of the Lord, at the hand of every steward, to render an account of his stewardship, both in time and in eternity.
For he who is faithful and wise in time is accounted worthy to inherit the mansions prepared for him of my Father."

What just jumped out at me was the phrase "wise in time". Not only will I give an accounting of my stewardship, but also the wise use of my time. Does that ever make me not want to watch TV or waste my time in useless things again. I have felt every minute of my day is precious. I try to use it as wisely as I can. Even more so since I heard and felt the Lord hastening his work. I have to say this verse gave me confirmation of my feelings. I had just never spotted that phrase before. Every moment of my life is precious and I must continue to make wise use of it. I will make an accounting of it in the end.



Day 491

No comments:

Post a Comment