Sunday, July 3, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 44:2, 5

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 44:2, 5
"And it shall come to pass, that inasmuch as they are faithful, and exercise faith in me, I will pour out my Spirit upon them in the day that they assemble themselves together.
That your enemies may not have power over you; that you may be preserved in all things; that you may be enabled to keep my laws; that every bond may be broken wherewith the enemy seeketh to destroy my people."

In this chapter the Lord has called the saints to meet together. This is the start of our Annual & Semi-Annual General Conferences. I so enjoy general conferences, where we sit at the feet of prophet, apostles and general leaders of the church to be instructed. The Spirit is so strong, as I am bathed in one talk after another. It really is the highlights of my year. Truly the Lord does pour out the spirit to us.

The other purpose I am told for conference is so our enemies have no power over us. How does that happen? I think its because we are strengthen by the instructions of the spirit. We have been called to remembrance the will of the Lord. We have become united in purpose and heart. Truly the enemy cannot split and divide with false doctrine if we do these things.

I so enjoy going back and listening to all the conference talks. LDS.org has such a wealth of resources there. I looked and there are 91 difference conferences with recordings since 1971. It would be really awesome to go back to the earliest ones and listen to them and work my way forward to present day. I wonder how long that would take me? I am finding that President Ezra Taft Benson's talks have been fitting things happening today. I wonder what I would see looking at those older ones? I wonder if LDS.org will ever put the audio recordings of the ones prior to 1971 online? The Ensign magazine only started in 1971 and I don't see the older Conference Reports on the website to read. I know I can find them on other sites, but it makes me pause to see only materials from 1971. I think I just need to start there. It must be a period of time I need to begin at. They really would be messages specifically for my day.


Day 463

No comments:

Post a Comment