Sunday, July 10, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 51:13

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 51:13
"And again, let the bishop appoint a storehouse unto this church; and let all things both in money and in meat, which are more than is needful for the wants of this people, be kept in the hands of the bishop."

The Bishop Storehouse! I thought this was the first mention of it but I see now it was first mentioned in chapter 42. I just pondered on something different. What a blessing the Bishop Storehouse has been to my family in the poorest times of our lives. Truly it not only filled my needs but my wants also. I have been so grateful. In those humble beginning in the early days of the Church did they even imagine what it would become? How the fast offerings of this people would not only bless our members but others in need throughout the world. Truly if we listen to the Lord and obey his commands there is enough and plenty to take care of the people in this world. Not only will we have spiritual but temporal blessings as well.




Day 470

No comments:

Post a Comment