Monday, July 18, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 59:7

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 59:7
"Thou shalt thank the Lord thy God in all things."

I had an interesting experience today and it made this verse stand out to me. I was really busy today. While I was working I would take little breaks to help my husband who is laid up in bed. Running and fetching things. Putting in a load of laundry here and there. My plate was full so I asked one of my sons if he would mop the floors for me. All day I waited to hear him start working on them. By the time 5:00 pm rolled around he left for an appointment and said when he got back he would mop the floors. I just knew that wouldn't happen. So once I was off the clock at work I jumped up and started mopping the floors and cleaning the bathrooms. Giving them a good scrubbing. All the while I was watching dinner as it cooked, and quickly doing a sink full of dishes. I worked three hours at a really hard pace. Sweat was dripping off me. 

Now here's the interesting part. At first I was upset I didn't get any help today. Then as I was working I realized I hadn't cleaned like this in years. If it wasn't for not receiving any help and having to work so hard I wouldn't have discovered how much better my health had become. It wasn't that long ago I was totally disabled and cleaning was only a dream. The recent impressions I had received on living the Word of Wisdom was healing me in an amazing way. I went from being upset with my son to realizing what a blessing I have been given. My heart was full of so much gratitude to be able to see this miracle. Yes, I was thankful for what God had done. He has given me the greatest help of all. 

Day 478

No comments:

Post a Comment