Saturday, July 16, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 57:3

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 57:3
"And thus saith the Lord your God, if you will receive wisdom here is wisdom. Behold, the place which is now called Independence is the center place; and a spot for the temple is lying westward, upon a lot which is not far from the courthouse."

I pondered on how on this location prior to the Second Coming of Jesus Christ the New Jerusalem Temple will be built. The saints were forced to leave Missouri before building a temple there. Yet, someday it will be built when the time is right. Last I heard The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS) only owns 20 of the original 63 acres for the temple lot. The Church of Christ and the Community of Christ (formerly the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, both off-shots of the original LDS Church own most of it.

I find it interesting that the Jews will also rebuild their temple in Jerusalem on the temple mount lot. Which now sits the Muslim Dome of Rock. I wonder what will cause both of these sites to come into the possession of God's people that need to build a temple there? Absolutely the condition of both these temple sites unable to be built on leaves the timing in the hands of the Lord. I pondered if I would behave any differently today if miracles happened and these temples were able to be built. I have to say no. I would keep doing what I know the Lord wants me to do, thought with a great deal of excitement. I think though to some it will be a major wake-up call.  


Day 476

No comments:

Post a Comment