Saturday, July 23, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 64:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 64:2
"For verily I say unto you, I will that ye should overcome the world; wherefore I will have compassion upon you."

So many favorite verses in this one chapter, it is well marked. But, this verse is a new highlight for me and I spent time pondering on it. I could feel the Lord's compassion on me. I am hopelessly flawed and its hard to measure up at times. Yet, I see in this verse he knows all that. His arms are always stretched out to me. I am forgiven as I run to Him. There is so much He wants to give me. Yet, he is a patient father watching me as I learn. It is only through compassion that he does not turn his anger against me as I am trying to learn. This verse just fills my soul. 


Day 483

No comments:

Post a Comment