Sunday, November 29, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 1:3, 5

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 1:3, 5
"And he also taught them concerning the records which were engraven on the plates of brass, saying: My sons, I would that ye should remember that were it not for these plates, which contain these records and these commandments, we must have suffered in ignorance, even at this present time, not knowing the mysteries of God. 
I say unto you, my sons, were it not for these things, which have been kept and preserved by the hand of God, that we might read and understand of his mysteries, and have his commandments always before our eyes, that even our fathers would have dwindled in unbelief, and we should have been like unto our brethren, the Lamanites, who know nothing concerning these things, or even do not believe them when they are taught them, because of the traditions of their fathers, which are not correct."

King Benjamin is speaking to his sons. He knows from his own experience the power the scriptures have in their life. He witnessed what had happened to the Mulekites and the Lamanites without them. As I pondered on these verses I could not help but realize how the Book of Mormon acts as a key that unlocks the mysteries in the other scriptures for me. I love the Bible but would not understand it if I could not cross reference it to what is found in the Book of Mormon. What greater light and knowledge having two witnesses to God's word has given me. With both set of scriptures the fullness of the gospel, the mysteries of the kingdom are revealed. 

As I reflected on this I recalled some articles I had read where ministers from other religions have begun to teach the Book of Mormon to their congregations. They did not need to be Mormons to read and appreciate how it speaks of Christ, and the plan of salvation. I went back and found one video "A New Day for the Book of Mormon" that addressed this subject. Even though there are university professors, scholars and theologians that speak in it, its the Baptist Ministers story that touches my heart. If you love God this book will touch your heart as it witnesses of Christ and all he has done for us.



If you would like a personal copy I would love to send one to you. If your into digital copies you can read or download it on LDS.org


No comments:

Post a Comment