Thursday, November 5, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 21:3

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 21:3
"And shall make him a quick understanding in the fear of the Lord; and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears."

I pondered on why the Lord's righteous judgments would not come by the sight of his eyes or hearing with his ears. It made me think of witnesses and how they testify of what they saw or heard another person say or do. Yet, this is not the witness the Lord wants. This is not how he judges. Then I pictured how a person could appear by their actions and words to be doing everything right. They could appear righteous but in their heart they could be rotten to the core. 

How does the Lord judge? It's by knowing the thoughts and the intents of my heart. The Lord will look upon me and know my heart. My own countenance will testify for or against me. I will stand as my own witness before the Lord. There will be no hiding from Him. I pray I don't want to hide when that day comes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment