Saturday, November 7, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 23:3, 22

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 23:3, 22
"I have commanded my sanctified ones, I have also called my mighty ones, for mine anger is not upon them that rejoice in my highness.
And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces; and her time is near to come, and her day shall not be prolonged. For I will destroy her speedily; yea, for I will be merciful unto my people, but the wicked shall perish."

I cried for the horror that will take place, for the wicked at the Savior's second coming. I do not want to stand in those shoes. What must I do to not have the Lord's anger upon me? I must become sanctified and rejoice in my Lord and King. I will repent of my sins and come unto Him. I will sing the songs of redeeming love and glory in His highness.

Then the Lord will be merciful and call me by his spirit to where I need to be. He will hasten the work of destruction that will come. I pondered on how even in his wrath he shows a mercy to those he destroys, by shortening its time frame and making it finish quickly. Even in anger the Lord still loves us. The outcome needs to be that the wicked perish. Only then can the Lord come. For those alone remaining will be able to abide his presence. I so want to be counted among his sheep.

As I sat pondering on these things the thought came to me that I may be long dead before this event takes place. I pondered on spirit prison where all the souls reside until judgment comes. Will the very heavens shake at these winding up scenes? Will the wicked be cast out and the separation of the wheat and tares take place there too? Then I asked myself, why would they not? I have seen spirit prison, it is just above our tree tops. I visited there during my near-death experience. Why would they not feel the same effects this earth goes through to receive our King. Physical death does not mean I will escape what is to come, if I have spiritually died too. The only escape is to sanctify myself and come unto Christ. I had never thought of these scenes taking place on both sides of the veil, but the spirit tells me that is true. Now I just need to find where it says that.


No comments:

Post a Comment