Monday, November 2, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 18:19

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 18:19
"And when they shall say unto you: Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep and mutter - should not a people seek unto their God for the living to hear from the dead?"

This verse brought back a flood gate of experiences I have had dealing with people that deal with the occult. It surprised me so much how people think these things are harmless and just a game. They do not understand what they are playing with. The one thing I have always prayed is that they will not know me. That they will never be able to read me or attempt to tell me a fortune. I simply don't want to be around it or even hear what they have to say.

Fortune telling, horoscopes, Law of Attraction, Ouija boards, tarot cards, Book of Runes and their stones are some of the things that just make my skin crawl. I will never forget this one particular experience. I was working as a supervisor at a big call center. On the weekends we didn't have a full staff so people from various teams would gather into a few main groups. I was supervising my section and this one girl was sitting outside of my area all by herself. I didn't make her move because the walls were low enough that I could still talk to her over them. I could see her head, just not her desk or computer. 

She was a very pleasant girl but for some reason every time I walked over to speak with her I felt something that deeply troubled by soul. I couldn't put my finger on what the problem was.  It wasn't until she had a question that required me to view her computer screen, that I found the source of where this feeling was coming from. As I came around the other side of the wall I found laid out on her desk were tarot cards. She had been reading them between phone calls the whole time, but I could never see that from where I had been standing. I was shocked to realize that was what I was feeling all that time.

There is such a power in the things of the occult and none of it is good. Yes, it may tell you the things that will happen in your future. In fact I think about 90% of it could be true. But, it's the 10% that you listen to that will take you down to hell. Satan knows us and he absolutely knows the right thing to make you leave the Lord and follow him. The rest the 90% that might be right, well there is a huge problem with the trade off from that source, the Holy Ghost will flee. You will be left to the buffetings of Satan and believe me that is never a place you want to be.

For many years I had an interest in ghosts. I loved watching television shows that investigated them. I was forever trying to make sense of what was going on. But, whenever I heard an EVP it troubled me to my very soul, and that is never a good sign. Finally one day I read the truth of what they are and the spirit confirmed it to me. This matter has been totally resolved for me. It's in Doctrine & Covenants 50:2 "Behold, verily I say unto you, that there are many spirits which are false spirits, which have gone forth in the earth, deceiving the world." 

So ghosts are mischievous spirits out to deceive. They may make sounds, cast images, move things, pretend they are little children, people that were murdered, or people from history. All of them are lies. The television shows may get bigger and better toys to capture what they say or do, but they will never come to the truth. They are making us waste our times on foolish things. There is no value, and only danger in them. I stay far away, very far away. 

I know that if a deceased ancestor or heavenly messenger wishes to communicate with me, it will only be through the proper channels with authority from God. Their message will be focused and only what they are authorized to speak to me on. They are not there to deceive but to bring comfort or warning. The Lord alone allows them to come. They will never wander the halls making me foolishly run after them. The Lord simply doesn't work in that manner. Messengers from heaven have a purpose and are there to edify and instruct and bring me closer to God. It is only through God that I hear from the dead.



No comments:

Post a Comment