Friday, November 20, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Jacob 3:10

Today's Favorite Verse: Jacob 3:10
"Wherefore, ye shall remember your children, how that ye have grieved their hearts because of the example that ye have set before them; and also, remember that ye may, because of your filthiness, bring your children unto destruction, and their sins be heaped upon your heads at the last day."

This verse made me ponder on how much I will be accountable for when I stand before the judgment bar of God. Not only will I account for my sins, but I will account for the sins of my children if I lead them astray because of my actions. I am also sure that I would be accountable for anyone that I caused to lose their faith and sin because of my words or bad example. The thought of that grieves my heart. I do not want that to happen.

I want to say I taught my children right. That I was an example of enduring to the end. That I was faithful all my days. That I was clean because of the miracle of forgiveness, and taught them the way. I want to stand next to the ones I witnessed join his church and feel my Saviors love. Hoping for that later type of judgment keeps me focused on the good I need to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment