Friday, November 6, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 22:1

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 22:1
"And in that day thou shalt say: O Lord, I will praise thee; though thou wast angry with me thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me."

This chapter quoting Isaiah 22 just made me cry tonight. It reads like a beautiful song. Praising our God in that millennial day. A couple days ago I reflected on the repeated words of Isaiah "For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still." This verse speaks of when his anger is gone as I come unto Him.

The Lord has had reason to be angry with me at various times in my life. I have also come to know that sweet comfort and peace that forgiveness brings. I have learned from my own experience good from evil. I know the Lord cannot look upon sin in the least degree of allowance. That is why blessings are denied when I do not keep his commandments. No matter what I have done he has loved me, even when I didn't show love for Him. The whole time I have strayed His hand is stretched out still. He is forever calling me back to him. Repentance is a continual process that brings me back to His presence. The older I get the more I understand what I am doing wrong. Yet, the more my heart is turned towards Christ. I need Him so badly as I walk through the refiners fire. I have come to know peace in my life that only Christ can give. I can only imagine the comfort His embrace will bring in that millennial day. The thought of it overwhelms me.


No comments:

Post a Comment