Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Enos 1:27

Today's Favorite Verse: Enos 1:27
"And I soon go to the place of my rest, which is with my Redeemer; for I know that in him I shall rest. And I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father. Amen."

The chapter is about Enos, son of Jacob, gaining a remission of his sins. He prays all the day long and the voice of the Lord visits him. Once he receives forgiveness for his sins he seeks in prayer blessings for his people and his enemies. Multiple times the Lord speaks to him until his soul is at rest. 

Enos then tells how he labored to preach the gospel the remainder of his days. Then when he is old and about to die he testifies of the joy he knows is to come. The pleasure it will bring to stand before the Lord and to see his face. How special to have that witness before you die that you know where you are going.

As I pondered on this I realized that regardless of hearing the Lords voice or not, a person would know within their soul how they would feel if they were to stand before the Lord today. That is something I have to keep as an internal check for myself. It is an excellent thing to ponder on during the sacrament. It is impossible to lie to myself on my own standing before the Lord. I am so grateful that repentance is always there, just like it was for Enos. It's never to late to be forgiven and make things right with the Lord. No one has to stay in a state that would make them fear and tremble to face the Lord. With true repentance comes a knowledge of the joy it will bring to see the Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment