Thursday, November 12, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 28:8

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 28:8
"And there shall also be many which shall say: Eat, drink, and be merry; nevertheless, fear God - he will justify in committing a little sin, yea, lie a little, take the advantage of one because of his words, dig a pit for thy neighbor; there is no harm in this; and do all these things, for tomorrow we die; and if it so be that we are guilty, God will beat us with a few stripes, and at last we shall be saved in the kingdom of God."

Can I just say I'm tired. I'm so very tired of reading articles on the latest round of problems people are having with my church. I'm tired of hearing people wanting to change the way things run. I'm tired of people wanting to call sin good and those that don't agree with them are evil. If they don't get their way they are leaving. I'm just plain tired of it all. My mind has peace in all matters of my church and more so the words of the prophet and the apostles. I know they speak for the Lord Jesus Christ. To me the issue people are continuing to fight about is not an issue for me. 

I read this chapter and my first thought was I don't even want to talk about this subject. I'm just to tired. Regardless this verse just stood out to me, so I began to read all the footnotes. What an amazing journey. 

Eat - Isaiah 22:13 "And behold joy and gladness, slaying oxen, and killing sheep, eating flesh, and drinking wine: let us eat and drink; for to morrow we shall die."

Merry - Worldiness - I had no idea the word Merry meant partaking in the things of the world.

Justify - Mormon 8:31 "Yea, it shall come in a day when there shall be great pollutions upon the face of the earth; there shall be murders, and robbing, and lying, and deceivings, and whoredoms, and all manner of abominations; when there shall be many who will say, Do this, or do that, and it mattereth not, for the Lord will uphold such at the last day. But wo unto such, for they are in the gall of bitterness and in the bonds of iniquity."

It really caught my eye that people are saying that the Lord will uphold what they say, and not the other way around. Who's will are they after?

Sin - Malachi 2:17 - "Ye have wearied the Lord with your words. Yet ye say, Wherein have we wearied him? When ye say, Every one that doeth evil is good in the sight of the Lord, and he delighteth in them; or, Where is the God of judgment?"

I think I can understand why the Lord is getting weary. You either hear about people wanting to call evil good, or people waiting for everyone to be destroyed. I'm just tied of them both.

Lie - D&C 10:25 "Yea, he saith unto them: Deceive and lie in wait to catch, that ye may destroy; behold, this is no harm. And thus he flattereth them, and telleth them that it is no sin to lie that they may catch a man in a lie, that they may destroy him."
Moses 4:4 "And he became Satan, yea, even the devil, the father of all lies, to deceive and to blind men, and to lead them captive at his will, even as many as would not hearken unto my voice."

Lying, deceiving and trying to catch people so you can destroy them helps you dig a pit. It's really interesting who ends up in that pit.

Pit - Job 6:27 "Yea, ye overwhelm the fatherless, and ye dig a pit for your friend."
Proverbs 26:27 "Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein: and he that rolleth a stone, it will return upon him."
1 Nephi 14:3 "And that great pit, which hath been digged for them by that great and abominable church, which was founded by the devil and his children, that he might lead away the souls of men down to hell - yea, that great pit which hath been digged for the destruction of men shall be filled by those who digged it, unto their utter destruction, saith the Lamb of God; not the destruction of the soul, save it be the casting of it into that hell which hath no end."
1 Nephi 22:14 "And every nation which shall war against thee, O house of Israel, shall be turned one against another, and they shall fall into the pit which they digged to ensnare the people of the Lord. And all that fight against Zion shall be destroyed, and that great whore, who hath perverted the right ways of the Lord, yea, that great and abominable church, shall tumble to the dust and great shall be the fall of it."
D&C 109: 25 "That no weapon formed against them shall prosper; that he who diggeth a pit for them shall fall into the same himself.

This is not a pretty site. I wish no man to fall into the very pit he dug for himself. Yet, that is the cause and effect of this behavior. The only thing that will stop it is to repent. At any time the Lord's arms are outstretched waiting to save you, but he will not, cannot save you in your sins.

No - Alma 30:17 - "And many more such things did he say unto them, telling them that there could be no atonement made for the sins of men, but every man fared in this life according to the management of the creature; there every man prospered according to his genius, and that every man conquered according to his strength; and whatsoever a man did was no crime."

I know the philosophy of man right now is to say God loves you no matter what you do. But, the great deception is that he will allow you to live with him in your sins. What are all these warnings about if he will just accept you as you are? The whole part about his love is that he will always forgive when we repent.

There is a movement going on where very badly deceived people are going to "massively" give up their membership to the church. Just because they want to believe what they want to believe. I fear for them. Satan is digging a very big pit for them. I witnessed my daughter give up her membership to the church a couple years ago. When you do that your baptism and the gift of the holy ghost are taken from you. She went through 3 suicide attempts in a couple of months. It is horrible what happens to a person when the spirit is withdrawn. You cannot walk on neutral ground giving up your membership in the church. To tell you otherwise is to deceive you. People are digging a very big pit for themselves right now and the only one going to land in it is themselves. I mourn for the blindness that has come over them. I mourn for what is to come. 

I know today I am tired. I can only imagine how tired the angels in heaven are. How tired my Savior Jesus Christ is. How tired our Eternal Father in Heaven is. When will it be enough? I think we are just at the beginning. I have a feeling that as people leave and the Lord's church is cleansed, amazing things will begin to take place for the saint. I just need to stand on the right side of all issues. These are the days I am longing for.


No comments:

Post a Comment