Friday, November 13, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 29:12-13

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 29:12-13
"For behold, I shall speak unto the Jews and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto the Nephites and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto the other tribes of the house of Israel, which I have led away, and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto all nations of the earth and they shall write it.
And it shall come to pass that the Jews shall have the words of the Nephites, and the Nephites shall have the words of the Jews; and the Nephites and the Jews shall have the words of the lost tribes of Israel; and the lost tribes of Israel shall have the words of the Nephites and the Jews."

I love this chapter. It is totally speaking of our day. I have heard the words in verse three "the Gentiles shall say A Bible! A Bible! We have got a Bible and there cannot be any more Bible."  The Lord responds in verse nine "And because that I have spoken one word ye need not suppose that I cannot speak another; for my work is not yet finished; neither shall it be until the end of man, neither from that time henceforth and forever." The Lord continues to say how he will speak to the Jews and the Nephites, the lost tribes and all the nations of the earth. How these words will all run together.

The records of the Jews is the Bible. The record of the Nephites (tribe of Joseph) is the Book of Mormon. The record for the whole earth I think is talking about the revelations that came after the restoration of the gospel. The Doctrine and Covenants, conference talks and messages from the First Presidency and apostles. These are written for our day, for the whole world. Now the part that fascinates me is the records of the lost tribes of Israel. That I know are coming. I just hope I live to see that day.

About 20 years ago I thought I had heard about them being found. I was serving at a family history center and the director came in looking out of sorts. He had just come back from a meeting in Salt Lake. He told me he had learned of a large collections of records that the Russian government had asked the church to microfilm. They were found in caves along the Caspian Sea. They were so fragile that when the Russians attempted to open these records they would disintegrate. They contacted The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints because of their expertise in preserving and microfilming records. The arrangement was for the church to retain a copy of these records. There were so many records they were taken out by the truck loads. The church was in the process at that time of filming these records, and what they were finding was a history and genealogy of the lost tribes. This man was really in shock as he related to me what he had learned. I felt it to my core these were the records. I have waited the past 20 years to learn any further news of these records but haven't.

Regardless if the records I heard about 20 years ago are truly them or not, I know somewhere the records of the lost tribes exist. Someday they will be restored to us, before the Lord's second coming. Someday I will read them and hold them and love them as I do all the scriptures I have today. I will continue to treasure and ponder and pray over the ones I have today. So when that day comes, that more records are given, I will thrill in the harmony and consistency of the Lord, as he speaks to his people. He is the same yesterday, today and forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment