Sunday, November 15, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 31:20

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 31:20
"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father. Ye shall have eternal life."

I pondered on what it means to "endure to the end". I used to think it was a hard thing, just holding on while I got through the hard parts of life and not losing my testimony. I did a lot of waiting things out, and was pretty miserable during it. But, the more I suffered the more deserving I thought I would be of a reward. I have since learned this isn't what that means.

As I am feasting on the scriptures I am coming to find that the enduring part is the better part. It is that whole journey where I am gaining a personal relationship with my Savior. I am learning to work in  partnership with him as I go through trials. I find He will carry all the emotional things for me, so I can have a clear mind to listen to the spirit, and see the course or solution in front of me. I am finding that after I overcome a trial I am in a better position than before it started. When the hard times come I am starting to feel some excitement about where this journey is taking me. There is already a brightness of hope that all things will work for my good in the end. This brings me peace.

As I am learning to endure the Lord's way, my testimony has become stronger and my roots are becoming anchored deeper in the gospel plan. I can picture that as becoming steadfast in Christ. I am learning to love and trust God that he knows best what will make me grow. I know trials are not punishments they really are blessings that help me reach a potential I didn't know I was capable of. I used to think of how I deserved a reward for my suffering. Now I can only think of how much my Savior has done for me and I could never repay my debt to him. I have such a deep love and gratitude for both the Father and the Son. I only want to please them so I can live with them someday. That love is helping me to love others.


No comments:

Post a Comment