Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 26:8

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 26:8
"But behold, the righteous that hearken unto the words of the prophets, and destroy them not, but look forward unto Christ with steadfastness for the signs which are given, notwithstanding all persecution - behold, they are they which shall not perish."

I've still been pondering on prophets, so this verse touched me today. The part "hearken unto the words of the prophets, and destroy them not" has so much meaning to me right now. I have seen an increase in people trying to twist and destroy the prophets words. Trying to picket and rebel and make him change what the Lord said. When the prophet or apostle speaks out about sin and the need for repentance the wicked's response is to attack. But of course no one sees themselves as possibly being involved in wickedness. They are just standing up for their rights, to decide for themselves what is right or wrong. They are like what Isaiah prophesied in Isaiah 30:10 "Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:" The very voice of warning that will bless their lives is the thing being fought against. The recent words of Elder D. Todd Christofferson keep ringing in my ears.
"There's no kindness in misdirecting people and leading them into any misunderstanding about what is true, what is right, what is wrong, what leads to Christ and what leads away from Christ."
Prophets and apostles have such a hard responsibility. They are to testify of Christ and his plan for us. To lead us back into the presence of our Eternal Father. How can they do that not speaking hard things, denying what sin is, and only saying smooth things? For them to do that would mean they are deceivers. There is no kindness in not warning. There is no kindness in not being clear. And for all this kindness comes persecution. That just grieves my heart. Why does Satan have to make people deaf and dumb, so they don't understand what is right in front of them? I want all to be with me at the Lord's supper. I don't want to see a single place empty. I don't want to see people perish.

I have learned some great things seeing events taking place. I know how careful I need to be. I need to go over the conference talks better. I need to ask myself do I have an issue with anything being said? Am I hearkening to the words the prophets have spoken or am I making up allowances for myself. I have to be ever careful because I see how easily others have been deceived. I simply can't take anything for granted. If I have a true and honest heart I will always follow the prophet. I'm so glad in the crazy world there is a prophet to look to for guidance. I'm grateful for the words of the prophets in the past. There is harmony in their messages. Only by following them will I have peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment