Saturday, November 14, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 30:10

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 30:10
"For the time speedily cometh that the Lord God shall cause a great division among the people, and the wicked will he destroy; and he will spare his people, yea, even if it so be that he must destroy the wicked by fire."

Have I ever seen a division among people. There is great wickedness in the world today. Evil is raging in the hearts of men. Though while the days events have been disturbing, I have felt a disconnect from it. I have felt like a stranger on the outsider looking in. For all that has gone on around me my peace has not been destroyed. It is not that I do not mourn and sorrow for the pain of others, or that I'm past feeling. For to love is to mourn when bad things happen to others.

Today I have been asking myself what am I feeling? Then I understood, I am not part of this world. To leave the world behind you, you must come to Christ. Only then is there peace, even in the midst of terrible things. I must keep in mind that even though there is a division between good and evil going on, and our world is descending into chaos, the important thing is to stand on the Lord's side. The Prince of Peace is the only source of comfort.

I'm sure I get things wrong, but I am ever trying to repent. Trying to be honest of heart. I just keep walking towards Christ. Then I am spared. Maybe it won't always be by physical means. I am sure good people have been caught in the cross hairs of evil, and died. What the Lord is sparing me from is the fear, terror, panic, anxiety, despair, and hopelessness that only being part of the world can bring. The father of all lies can only leave me with those feelings. Yes, even during trying times I am spared and I have found peace. How I wish I could share my peace with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment