Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 20:3-4

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 20:3-4
"And what will ye do in the day of visitation, and in the desolation which shall come from far? to whom will ye flee for help? and where will ye leave your glory?
Without me they shall bow down under the prisoners, and they shall fall under the slain. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still."

I think I have seen at least once in each of the Isaiah chapters quoted in the Book of Mormon the phrase: "For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still."

The Lord is over and over again warning of what not to do, and the judgment that will be the result of not obeying. But, through it all his hand is stretched out still. I pondered on how regardless of my sins the Lords hands are always waiting for me to take hold and come unto him. That invitation is never withdrawn. His is forever waiting to welcome us back.

I thought about little children and what a mess they can create. You can get so upset with them when they don't listen and go ahead and get into things. But, as soon as they tell you they are sorry, all is forgiven. You love them and work with them to clean everything up. I think God is a lot like that. He just loves better and forgives quicker than I do. It is comforting to know that regardless of what I have done the invitation from the Lord, to come unto him, is always there. His hands are always there to lovingly embrace me and welcome me home. All I need to do is come unto Him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment