Monday, November 23, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Jacob 6:6

Today's Favorite Verse: Jacob 6:6
"Yea, today, if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts; for why will ye die?"

The death spoken here is a spiritual death. That is so much worse than physical death ever can be. I paused to ponder on if I have ever hardened my heart against God. I honestly can't think of a time. I know I have sinned but I have always know the fault was mine. Not anything I was angry at God over. I guess whenever you love sin more than you love God, you have hardened your heart. A hardened heart must sneak up on you making you unaware.

I have seen people have great light and knowledge of God and turn their back on him. Sometimes it has appeared as if overnight. It was so shocking to experience that change. There is no joy or happiness, even though they think they are free to do as they please. I do not wish to ever join their ranks. It makes me sick to think of losing my relationship with the Lord. The loss would be so much greater having come to know him. I need him so.

I also sat and pondered on how we can enter into the Lords rest during our lifetime, and also experience spiritual death here to. Those are two very opposite and extreme positions. Where then are the people in the middle? I could picture a crowd of people being split down the middle. The only difference was which way they were facing. You are either heading towards the Lord or away from him. All those facing towards him will have eternal life. If you are facing away darkness will claim you. I don't know where that physical dividing line is, but I know it exists in people hearts. I think that's why some people overnight can appear to give up everything. It's because you never know what's in a person's heart.

I must protect my heart its where the spirit dwells. The need is so great to have the spirit reside there always. May I never harden my heart against God and let a liar take up residence there. I can't imagine what it would be like to be in darkness. It is simply something I never want to understand.


No comments:

Post a Comment