Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 19:6

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 19:6
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; an the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

I am still in the part of the Book of Mormon where Jacob is quoting Isaiah. I was thinking on that today and realized Isaiah died about 150 years prior to Jacob quoting him. That really is still recent history for him. I knew my great-grandparents and just one generation back from them would be people alive 150 years ago. That made me think of all the people that have lived in the last 150 years that I quote. It would almost be like me quoting Joseph Smith and Brigham Young and all the prophets after them. The great benefit Jacob had was an understanding of the language and imaginary that Isaiah used. I also think I found a key to understanding Isaiah. You have to read it slowly and picture what he's saying. I am no scholar and probably will never be one, but I am enjoying reading these Isaiah chapters.

I love this verse I selected today. Sometimes I will just rehearse in my mind all the words that my beloved Savior is known by. Then I will ponder of why he is called that. A flood of bible stories and scriptures will play in my mind. This is one of my favorite things to ponder on during the sacrament, I find my quiet time is never long enough. Today while sitting in the celestial room of the temple I again pondered on his name. It gave me extra pleasure to read this verse afterwards. My God is an amazing God and I love him with all my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment