Monday, September 9, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 5:7

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 5:7
"Behold, he changed their hearts; yea, he awakened them out of a deep sleep, and they awoke unto God. Behold, they were in the midst of darkness; nevertheless, their souls were illuminated by the light of the everlasting word; yea, they were encircled about by the bands of death, and the chains of hell, and an everlasting destruction did await them."

I have many that I pray for that their eyes will be opened. That they will awake from that deep sleep and recognize their blessings and privileges. I pray for them because I love them. Then I ask that my eyes will be opened too. For we never know when we are in a midst of darkness and not seeing clearly. I remember that day when I had my first cataract surgery and the first thing I noticed was white. One eye had the orangey dingy white, and the other eye I could see real white again. With that white an array of other brilliant colors poured in. I hadn't noticed over the years that white was no longer white for me. So it is with our testimonies and the word of God. If we stopped treasuring and pondering on His word, and renewing the covenants we have made, we may think we still have a testimony. Then slowly things darkened and we don't even realize we have lost our way. That moment of a change of heart that awaken us can be both painful and sweet, it is individual to us all.



Day 3449


No comments:

Post a Comment