Thursday, August 3, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Amos 8:11

Today's Favorite Verse: Amos 8:11
"Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:"

I was pondering on how there was no famine in hearing the word of the Lord today. I have so many resources. I love having the Gospel Library app on my phone. There are so many scriptures and talks at my finger tips. I have access 24/7 to talks and videos online about various gospel subjects. Just yesterday there was a Facebook post by the prophet. This is such a wonderful time to hear the words of the Lord.

Then I realize there are people that starve to death with food all around them. They can be on self imposed hunger strikes. That's a famine to them. If you are not wanting food your in famine. More than any time on this earth we have more people ignorant of the scriptures. There is such a famine today I wonder if more people heard and knew the scriptures before they were in print? Simply because they attended church weekly and the priests would read from the scriptures. Right now when technology has the capability to bring the word of God to every person on this earth, there is a self imposed hunger strike by many. They are in famine and don't know it.



Day 3046

No comments:

Post a Comment