Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Micah 6:14

Today's Favorite Verse: Micah 6:14
"Thou shalt eat, but not be satisfied; and thy casting down shall be in the midst of thee; and thou shalt take hold, but shalt not deliver; and that which thou deliverest will I give up to the sword."

I had an interesting experience the other night and this verse reminded me of it. Someone that left my faith brought up religion to me. They gave me an earful's of all the "false doctrine" and scriptures I understand wrong. I think they unloaded on me because they thought this was their opportunity to do so. They raged and told me exactly where my faith was wrong for not believing what other Christians do. Now I know I can't talk religion to them because all they want to do is contend, and I won't participate in that. Loosing the spirit by contention is of more concern to me than winning any battle over scriptures. Even if I wanted to, this person would have never allowed me to rebut them anyways, so why start. I'm ok letting others believe whatever they want, just give me the same right to be left alone.

As they raged I just looked at them, because they left my faith to find another Christian religion. Now they think all religions are man made and stem from paganism. So, they proudly have no faith at all. They wanted me to believe something they didn't believe and were angry about it? Then as if reading my mind they said as they left the room. "Of course I don't believe any of that because religion is man made and I have no religion." How can they be angry with me over something they don't even believe and they know it?

Basically, they wanted me to eat of something that wouldn't fill me. They had nothing to deliver me. Yet they were angry when I wouldn't accept what they didn't believe was true. They were willing to pick up the sword to contend over something that didn't even fill them. Their only aim was to destroy my faith and leave me with nothing. I am just grateful I didn't pick up that sword and let them destroy my peace.



Day 1474


No comments:

Post a Comment