Thursday, September 7, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Kings 6:16-17

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Kings 6:16-17
"And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha."

I have often thought of this verse. I know angels have surrounded me, even though I have not seen them with my natural eye, I have felt them. Then I thought of the young man being able to see the chariot of fire and I wished I could have seen them too. I pondered on seeing things with the natural eye verses my spiritual eyes. Obviously, this young man could not see them with his natural eyes, he had to be given spiritual eyes to see the chariots of fire surrounding them. How many times have I dismissed seeing things with my spiritual eyes because I did not see them with my natural eyes. It was just last month that I had such and event happen. What a difference this last time made for I could finally recognize it for what it was. I think I have seen far more spiritually in my life than I realized at the time. It has taken a lifetime to understand where I see with spiritual eyes. I'm sure it will take an eternity to know how to use them.


Day 894

No comments:

Post a Comment