Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Kings 18:3-4

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Kings 18:3-4
"And he did that which was right in the sight of the Lord, according to all that David his father did.
He removed the high places, and brake the images, and cut down the groves, and brake in pieces the brasen serpent that Moses had made: for unto those days the children of Israel did burn incense to it: and he called it Nehushtan."

It looks like Judah finally has a righteous king. Hezekiah begins by cleaning out the pagan places of worship. That is something I have been paying attention to each time they have mentioned if the king was righteous or not. There has been a long stretch of those that were righteous but kept the high places. In the end they were not completely righteous. Now there is hope.

What I pondered on was the brass serpent that Moses made. Moses lifted it up on a pole so those that were bitten by the firey serpent could look towards it and live. This symbol represented Christ and looking towards it was looking towards him. Some just wouldn't do it because of how simply an act it was, and so they died. So now we have people not only looking towards the brass serpent, but they are burning incense to it. They are worshiping it, and not what it actually represented. It is a perversion. I sat and tried to think of what I could liken it to in my day. I know there is an example but it wouldn't form in my mind. I can tell it will be something to ponder on in the coming days. All that kept coming to me were those that appear to worship the last days, reading all types of signs for his coming, but in their zeal forget the Lord and their preparation to meet him. They would much rather see the signs of his coming, then see Him. I do believe the faithful will see the Savior before he ever appears to the world as a whole.


Day 906

No comments:

Post a Comment