Monday, April 10, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 16:17

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 16:17
"Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the Lord thy God which he hath given thee."

I think I give as I should, but there is so much more I would love to give. Though I know it's foolish to give and go into debt.

This made me think of Mosiah 4:24-25
"And again, I say unto the poor, ye who have not and yet have sufficient, that ye remain from day to day; I mean all you who deny the beggar, because ye have not; I would that ye say in your hearts that: I give not because I have not, but if I had I would give.
And now, if ye say this in your hearts ye remain guiltless, otherwise ye are condemned; and your condemnation is just for ye covet that which ye have not received."

Yet, I pondered on the poor widow that cast in two mites and the Lord said it was more, than all they that cast in the treasury. "She of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living." What is the balance for my life? I think I must be guided by the spirit. It will tell me wither I gave a good gift. And if I wish to give more than I am able I would do as found in Mosiah, in my heart wish I could give more. It can never be bad to wish I had given more. The Lord will know my heart.


Day 744

No comments:

Post a Comment