Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 33:1

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 33:1
"Behold, I say unto you, my servants Ezra and Northrop, open ye your ears and hearken to the voice of the Lord your God, whose word is quick and powerful, sharper than a two-edged sword, to the dividing asunder of the joints and marrow, soul and spirit; and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

I've often wondered what "sharper than a two-edged sword" means when the Lord says this. Today I felt I was ready to ponder on this. I think I can see it. A two-edged sword would be sharp on both side. So its the same coming or going. So I think it means the word of the Lord is the same and consistent, it does not change. It will not appear one way and come back another. There is exactness and gets to the heart of the matter. To divide asunder means he can expose it all. He knows my heart there is no way to hide it. Word being quick and powerful would be those that can pierce my heart if I let him. He alone has the power to redeem me. His words open the eternities. 


Day 452

No comments:

Post a Comment