Saturday, June 18, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 29:30, 41

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 29:30, 41
"But remember that all my judgments are not given unto men; and as the words have gone forth out of my mouth even so shall they be fulfilled, that the first shall be last, and that the last shall be first in all things whatsoever I have created by the word of my power, which is the power of my spirit.
Wherefore, I, the Lord God, caused that he should be cast out from the Garden of Eden, from my presence, because of his transgression, wherein he became spiritually dead, which is the first death, even the same death which is the last death, which is spiritual, which shall be pronounced upon the wicked when I shall say: Depart ye cursed."

This is an amazing chapter. So many deep thoughts and pondering. I selected these verses because it made me look at the "first shall be last, and the last shall be first" a little differently. I used to think it was a ranking system. Oh, you've been oppressed on this earth for your love of the Savior, now come to the front of the line. I now see it as a reflection on the individual and not any judgment against were I stand against another. Judging me against another is not fair. Not sure why I didn't realize this sooner.

This verse thought me that when I go through spiritual death by sin, if I don't repent  I will be found at final judgment it is my lasting death. How I stand on this earth is how I will stand in the eternities. There is no beginning or end. How I stand in the eternities reflects how I stood in my earth life. It will echo with me for the eternities. God's judgments are just and true, they hold up no matter which way you look at them.


Day 448

No comments:

Post a Comment