Monday, December 14, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 16:1-2

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 16:1-2
"And now, it came to pass that after Abinadi had spoken these words he stretched forth his hand and said: The time shall come when all shall see the salvation of the Lord; when every nation, kindred, tongue, and people shall see eye to eye and shall confess before God that his judgments are just.
And then shall the wicked be cast out, and they shall have cause to howl, and weep, and wail, and gnash their teeth; and this because they would not hearken unto the voice of the Lord; therefore the Lord redeemeth them not."

Reading this I could not help but picture a video I saw recently of a Oklahoma City Police Officer sobbing and shaking uncontrollably, while a judge read the verdict of him being found guilty of sexually assaulting 13 women. Then he is lead out to await his sentencing. I could not help but feel bad for the man for his emotions were so raw. Yet, I knew whatever judgment awaited him it would be just, because of the severity of his crimes.

The remorse was evident, he knew he had done wrong. I am sure he would have taken it all back if he could. The image of him rocking back and forth, weeping and wailing was seared into my brain. The fate awaiting him of being confined in prison, with criminals that hated cops, was more than he could bare. 

I now sit and ponder on the reality of that same horror for anyone that will not hearken to the voice of the Lord. The pain that will be felt when the Lord's redemption has no effect, because of their wickedness. How many will wish that they could have done it all over and never committed their crimes. The weeping and wailing that would have to come, realizing you will be in prisoned for the eternities with the devil and his angel, who hate you.   

I never want that fate. I don't even want to see others face that fate. Yet, I know without a doubt it awaits me, if I do not reach out for the Lord's mercy now and repent of all my sins. How I want my time before the Lord to be spent worshiping him and kissing his feet. What joy it would be to know I could enter his kingdom. I know I too will weep, but those will be an entirely different type of tears.



No comments:

Post a Comment