Thursday, October 22, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 7:4

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 7:4
"The Lord God hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season unto thee, O house of Israel. When ye are weary he waketh morning by morning. He waketh mine ear to hear as the learned."

Jacob is quoting the words of Isaiah, who is speaking messianically about the Lord. It made me think of the boy Jesus at the temple sitting in the midst of doctors, that are both hearing and asking him questions. They were so astonished that one so young could be so learned. Next I pondered on what it would have been like to sit not far from the Sea of Galilee, listening to the Lord give the Beatitudes. How I would have loved to hear his voice. Then I thought of the times that I have.

I have woken in the middle of the night to a single word which opened up the gospel to me. The timing I can never plan, but its always perfect timing. The Lord knows the best season to help me grow. He will speak in a language I can understand. I really think the mysteries of God are really how simple the gospel really is. You can lock yourself into a room and study and study all you want and all you will become is weird. But if you read, ponder, and pray, and then get to work living the gospel, exhaust yourself in the work, the spirit will make things known in their proper season. Is that not what Isaiah means when he says ye are weary. The Lord's way of instruction and learning is different than a man's way. It really is a better way.


No comments:

Post a Comment