Saturday, October 17, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 2:13-14

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 2:13-14
"And if ye shall say there is no law, ye shall also say there is no sin. If ye shall say there is no sin, ye shall also say there is no righteousness. And if there be no righteousness there be no happiness. And if there be no righteousness nor happiness there be no punishment nor misery. And if these things are not there is no God. And if there is no God we are not, neither the earth; for there could have been no creation of things, neither to act not to be acted upon; wherefore, all things must have vanished away.
And now, my sons, I speak unto you these things for profit and learning; for there is a God, and he hath created all things, both the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are, both things to act and things to be acted upon."

These verses remind me of the discussion we had during last night's family scripture study. I related that during my life I have experienced moments when I question what I believe. I wonder what if everything I know is wrong? What is there is no God, and no plan for me? What if there is no purpose to my life? I can tell you that a terrible depressing darkness just surrounds me when those thoughts have come. There is panic and fear, and I can't breath. I feel lost and so horribly afraid, thinking this is nothing, and when I die I know longer exist. I cannot even finish the though of thinking there is no God. 

I will then reaffirm in my mind all that I know, that there is a God, there is a purpose to life here on this earth. Then my soul is full of incredible light and hope. I have long since decided, so may years ago, that I would much rather believe in a God then not one. Then at the end if I was wrong I at least had peace while I was here. I could not live without my God otherwise. I would much rather be the most ignorant fool and have joy over my God, then to ever live in the darkness that surrounds me when I even think for a moment, what if there wasn't one. I have joy seeing the beauties of the earth and known there is a God that loves me and made this all for me. I know I am loved and watched over and never, ever alone. The peace His gospel brings me means everything to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment