Saturday, September 5, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelations 5:1, 13

Today's favorite verse: Revelations 5:1, 13
"And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.
And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever"

John is later weeping because no man in heaven, in or under the earth are able to open and read this sealed book. That shows it is an important book. Then we find that there is one that can open the book. With the descriptions we know that it is our Savior Jesus Christ. He alone can loose the seven seals. 

I followed the cross-reference for those are the only resources I am allowing myself to use. In Doctrine and Covenants 77:6 I learn the seals are "the revealed will, mysteries, and works of God; the hidden things of his economy concerning this earth during the seven thousand years of its continuance, or its temporal existence."

So each seal I will learn about in the Book of Revelations are dealing with the time frames of this earth's existence. I know this is important for me to understand as I continue on in my reading. 

At the end of the chapter I see not only those earlier and more bowing down in front of God the Father and the Son, but also all creatures that are upon the earth. John heard them speaking, that would be an remarkable scene to hear the creatures speaking. It made me think of the story in Numbers of Balaam and his donkey that speaks to him, for he would not pass by the angel. I also thought of how Satan used the serpent to tempt Eve in the Garden of Eden. 



Yesterday, I had an encounter with a person of evil's blackish cat, that bit me. It sunk its canine teeth in deep and would not let go for what seemed like minutes. I was powerless to move the whole time. I have no doubt that all the actions that took place were allowed by the Lord, for it was to my benefit in the end. I think some animals can be controlled by evil, or used for our protection or good. I don't worship animals but I think it will be interesting to hear what they know of God's plan when this earth's existence is done. 


No comments:

Post a Comment