Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelations 22:10, 18-19

Today's favorite verse: Revelations 22:10, 18-19
"And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."

I know there has been a lot of discussions about this last chapter of Revelations among different faiths. Some believe that these verses mean that no more revelations would come after John's. That is not what I believe. I believe that even John didn't write all that he was given to prophesy. The followings verses are a key. 

Revelations 10:4, 11
"And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I head a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.
And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings."

John has yet more to tell us, when the Lord says the time is right. The part that John could tell us is what is contained in the book of Revelations. This is not the portion that is sealed. The book of Revelations is not the final word from God. What no one is to do is alter, take away or add to John's prophesy in the Book of Revelations. 

I know the heavens are open and God does speak to prophets again upon the earth. There are apostles again as there was in days of old. I love the New Testament it is sad to leave this old friend for now. I will begin the next set of scriptures for my daily study, the Book of Mormon. It does not add to the Book of Revelations but it does compliment the Holy Scriptures. It is a second witness of Jesus Christ. If you are not of my faith I hope you will continue to read my favorite verses and learn first hand how it testifies of Christ. 


No comments:

Post a Comment