Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Chronicles 6:36

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Chronicles 6:36
"If they sin against thee, (for there is no man which sinneth not,) and thou be angry with them, and deliver them over before their enemies, and they carry them away captives unto a land far off or near;"

In this chapter Solomon gives the temple dedicatory prayer. When I reached the part of them being carried away captives I reflected on how that literally is what happened to them. They were warned in their dedicatory prayer. I wondered what the dedicatory prayer contained for the temple which I attend?  I found the Mount Timpanogos Temple Dedicatory Prayer and read it. I can't say any warning stood out to me.

I did wonder about these lines. "May its beauty never be marred by evil hands. May it stand strong against the winds and storms that will beat upon it."

I would never want to see this beautiful temple marred by evil hands. I pray as a people we will remain faithful so this blessing upon our temple keeps it protected. The temple was dedicated in Oct 1996 and I don't recall any bad storms since then. It must be in the future. If the temple was blessed to stand against the wind and storms, I couldn't help but wonder how those storms would effect my home nearby.

I loved this promise:

"May it be a beacon of peace and a refuge to the troubled. May it be an holy sanctuary to those whose burdens are heavy and who seek Thy consoling comfort."

What a place of refuge I have found the temple to be. My burdens have been lifted and I have been consoled and comforted there. I thought about the terrible times I went through when I wasn't going to the temple. What a contrast between then and now. How I wish I knew then what I know now. The place I needed to be wasn't where my heart was, and I paid a price for it. How many people do I know around me that desperately need the blessing of peace and comfort in their troubled lives. Their refuge is just sitting on the hill. The thought of them not going there breaks my heart.


Day 948


No comments:

Post a Comment