Friday, October 6, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 10:13-14

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 10:13-14
"So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the Lord, even against the word of the Lord, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to inquire of it:
And inquired not of the Lord: therefore he slew him, and turned the kingdom unto David the son of Jesse."

Not really sure why I cried so reading this chapter. The story of how Saul died and what was done to his body afterwards is just so sad. None of this ever had to happen. Saul had so much potential and basically threw it away. What an absolute waste. It made me think of the final judgment when everyone will come before the judgment seat of God. How many will feel they wasted their life here on earth, because they transgressed against their God. I just don't want that to happen to me. It's a constant daily battle to be good. I'm so hopelessly flawed. Could I not just be sealed up and made his and never sin again?

That made me think of my favorite hymn "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing". I sat and listened it to over and over again, until it soothed my soul. This version was sung at the April 2016 LDS General Conference and has "the crying man". That is my heart.




Day 923

No comments:

Post a Comment