Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 28:9

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 28:9
"And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the Lord searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee, but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever."

What amazing counsel David gave his son Solomon. This counsel should be handed down from every father to son. I love the phrase "understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts". This quiet part of every person, where their imagination and thoughts lie is seen by God. This must be why he knows the heart of man. "For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he..." (Proverbs 23:7).

I also love the promise "if thou seek him, he will be found". That is an eternal truth. All I have to do is look and I will find the Lord.


Day 941

No comments:

Post a Comment