Thursday, October 19, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 23:30

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 23:30
"And to stand every morning to thank and praise the Lord, and likewise at even."

As I read of the responsibility of the sons of Aaron it made me think of the scripture that has been on my mind a lot lately.

"Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God;"
(Doctrine & Covenants 88:119)

The Lord told the latter-day saint to prepare to build his temple. It too would be a house of prayer. After this perfect example I need to model my own home. When my house is in order light and knowledge of the Lord will fill it. That is what I am trying to do. I have found a pattern. As I establish my home to be a house of prayer, fasting, faith, learning, glory has filled it and enlightened our minds. Now we are purging and cleaning it and putting our things in order. We are becoming better organized. As the clutter is leaving light in taking its place. It feels so good to have this momentum going. I could not get my family on board to get it cleaned up until we established these other practices in our home first. I am so grateful for the temple and how it helps me find answers within the walls of my own home.


Day 936

No comments:

Post a Comment