Friday, October 13, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 17:11-14

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 17:11-14
"And it shall come to pass, when thy days be expired that thou must go to be with thy fathers, that I will raise up thy seed after thee, which shall be of thy sons; and I will establish his kingdom.
He shall build me an house, and I will stablish his throne for ever.
I will be his father, and he shall be my son: and I will not take my mercy away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee:
But I will settle him in mine house and in my kingdom for ever: and his throne shall be established for evermore."

As I read this I knew that David's son Solomon would build the temple. Yet, in reading this I could see that it wasn't just Solomon that God was referring too. He would send his son Jesus Christ from the loins of David to establish his kingdom and throne forever. What an amazing promise David was given.

It made me ponder on my patriarchal blessing and how it does mention my children. I wondered if my parent's patriarchal blessings mentioned me?  All I have is my mother's patriarchal blessing so I sat and read it.  I found its mention of me.

"Continue to teach unto thy posterity of the principles of the Gospel and the plan of life and salvation and they shall bless thee for the inheritance which shall come unto them as a result of thy faithfulness and thy teaching, and they as well as others shall heed thy teachings and thy counsel. Thou shalt especially be an influence and power from good therein among those of thy household and thy kindred as well as thine associates."

If it was not for my parents I would never know the goodness of the gospel. I have a priceless inheritance due to my mother's faithfulness and teachings. As I read her patriarchal blessing I could feel her arms around me. I offered a prayer of gratitude to the Lord for the blessing of having a wonderful mother and all she taught me. She has been a great influenced in my life for good. I would not be all that I am if I did not experience life with such a mother. I wanted to be sure that part of her patriarchal blessing was literally fulfilled and it is.


Day 930

No comments:

Post a Comment